Additional Resources

GO Advisers can be found in these two UW departments:

On campus:

These are just a few of many offices on campus that can provide you with information and advice as you prepare to study abroad:

Outside the UW:

  • The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship provides funding to students who have been traditionally under-represented in study abroad. The Gilman is for students receiving Pell Grants, and aims to encourage students to choose non-traditional study abroad destinations, especially those outside of Western Europe and Australia.
  • Boren Awards for International Study are intended for students who will be studying less commonly taught languages in countries outside Western Europe and Australia.
  • The DAAD is a program funded by the German government which provides information and financial support for students pursuing education, research opportunities, and internships in Germany.
  • The Washboard, recently launched by the Washington Scholarship Coalition, is a searchable database that helps Washington students find and apply for relevant scholarship opportunities.
  • The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) can be filled out by any student, and is used to determine eligibility for federal student financial aid, including grants, loans, and work study.

These resources can be used to gain information about passports and visas for international travel: